The Constitutional Monarchy of Torvon
“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Constitutional Monarchy of Torvon is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Rylon Arslan with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and frequent executions. The compassionate population of 1.641 billion Torvonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cape Cotesmin. The average income tax rate is 73.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Torvonian economy, worth 142 trillion Sekinars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,904 Sekinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Torvon's national animal is the Spotted Red Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Torvon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, Cape Cotesmin's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, artists are pillars of society.
- : Torvon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, money always talks but the taboo subject of death just brings silence.
- : Torvon endorsed The United Kingdom of The Prymalische Empire.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Whitmarche, Lesser Velutaria, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Gadorien, Hatstheput, San Calia, Bro Wyned, Southern Velutaria, Kentalis, Fallooplesburg, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Abjekistan, The New Bulgarian Order, Foxomexra, Prybourne, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Junterland, Regauria, Zhousheng, Valcouria, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Gran Rugido, Amrelia, Greater Efrafa, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Gavrilia, Kinoko, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Sab Demenr, Polder Eiland, Nondenominational Christian Commonwealth, Maricoen, Shi-Yue, Rutheneja, and The Prymalische Empire.