The Federation of Torrenti
“Nulla differentia est libertas.”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federation of Torrenti is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Giovani Airfeather II with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.894 billion Torrentians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Torrent City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The very strong Torrentian economy, worth 203 trillion Lapoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 70,224 Lapoes, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Giovani Airfeather II has just been declared ruler of Torrenti in an international press conference, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and Giovani Airfeather II can't hear a thing when the unwashed masses throw rocks at the new state limousine. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Torrenti's national animal is the Griffon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Torrenti's influence in Equestria rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Torrenti's influence in Equestria rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Torrenti's influence in Equestria rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Torrenti's influence in Equestria rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Torrenti voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, Giovani Airfeather II can't hear a thing when the unwashed masses throw rocks at the new state limousine.
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Torrenti endorsed The United Utopia of Untspah.
- : Torrenti relocated from Balder to Equestria.
- : Torrenti voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
Endorsements Received: None.