The Kingdom of Tohorin
“The land of the horizon”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Kingdom of Tohorin is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, triple-decker prams, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.916 billion Tohorinese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 36.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Tohorinian economy, worth 248 trillion Kobans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 129,664 Kobans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, internet trolls are considered valiant supporters of the right to free speech, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and protest songs are the nation's de facto anthems. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tohorin's national animal is the Coyote, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tohorin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, protest songs are the nation's de facto anthems.
- : Tohorin was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, internet trolls are considered valiant supporters of the right to free speech.
- : Tohorin was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, all smart devices are under the control of the all-seeing AI.
- : Following new legislation in Tohorin, young people suspect their parents might be a little bit stupid.