The People's Republic of Tineman
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The People's Republic of Tineman is a huge, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, prohibition of alcohol, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 333 million Tinemanis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Echia City. The average income tax rate is 81.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Tinemani economy, worth 16.5 trillion Rittakas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 49,648 Rittakas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Tineman, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, and all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tineman's national animal is the Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tineman published "Tineman" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Tineman.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, chewing tree bark proves to have limited value during childbirth.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, the people's love for Leader is little more than self-preservation.
- : Tineman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it.
- : Following new legislation in Tineman, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Tsvetania, Qvait, Marinho Islands, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Holota, Belschaft, Wehraboos, Delhities, Yeses, Tepertopia, Nowa Europa, Treir, Bleakfoot, The Altan, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Andinla, Land Without Shrimp, Erinor, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Death to democracy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Farengeto, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Eskvenn, Bichedder, Holy Free, Libedistan, Westenhald, Galactic Gelatin, Ipugao, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Ceutalia, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, and LadyRebels.