The Constitutional Monarchy of Tianqing
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Constitutional Monarchy of Tianqing is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Empress Yumin with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.213 billion Tianqinites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tianjing. The average income tax rate is 88.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Tianqinian economy, worth 972 trillion Tianbaos a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,585 Tianbaos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", torture is illegal, and undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tianqing's national animal is the Golden Junglefowl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tianqing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Tianqing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Tianqing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Tianqing's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tianqing's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tianqing's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tianqing was refounded in Balder.
- : Tianqing ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Tianqing endorsed The Commonwealth of Black Spears.
- : Tianqing endorsed The Republic of Voles Ang.