The Community of Thunder Mesa
“For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Community of Thunder Mesa is a huge, genial nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 817 million Thunder Mesans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Thunder Mesan economy, worth 19.0 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is 23,263 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A bureaucratic fight over TMIA cafeteria food expenditures has caused the temporary suspension of all agency counterintelligence operations, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, and atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thunder Mesa's national animal is the otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Choman.
- : Following new legislation in Thunder Mesa, atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Thunder Mesa was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
Endorsements Received: 56 » New Briantown, Qvait, Erinor, Tepertopia, Amerion, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, Ebonhand, Jiam, Bartonia Nova, Wehraboos, Eskvenn, Nowa Europa, Marinho Islands, Aumeltopia, Purple Hyacinth, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Kandorith, Beepee, Merevane, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Zataras, Farengeto, Treir, Holota, Synarion, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Wallechi, Auphelia, Wakandan Tribes, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Rotenaplistan, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, and 6 others.New Belgrade, Gonrati, Choman, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, and Ipugao.