The Quiet Tranquility of Thousand Branches
“Believe in yourself god damnit!!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Order of the Grey Wardens
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Quiet Tranquility of Thousand Branches is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Madam Victoria Raymond with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, unlimited-speed roads, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 2.076 billion Branchians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ashas. The average income tax rate is 77.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Thousand Branchesian economy, worth 141 trillion Petis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 68,031 Petis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, children are shocked to find others "just like them" when they are taken out of the forest, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thousand Branches's national animal is the Bumblebee, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Unishiss.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, children are shocked to find others "just like them" when they are taken out of the forest.
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly.
- : Thousand Branches voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Thousand Branches was endorsed by The Federation of Citend.
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures.
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, Thousand Branchesian husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Thousand Branches approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste"".
- : Following new legislation in Thousand Branches, voting is voluntary.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Big Lizards, Seou, United Democratic Republic of Liberty, The Surviving Canadian Resistance, Filipino Union, The United States of Krypton, Centrifuge, The theocratic Republic, South Oneo, 6s9s2k3k, The United States of Lebanon, The Czarist States of Russia, Agents safe space, Roberto Garcia, West Edenvi, Narue, Utel, Collosus, Vongo Kingdom, UNSEA, Germanyboys, GHAUNADAUR, FenrirGrayBack, Dylanana, Haiton, Isolcotan, Benzi Reyes, Semper Supra, Creusal, Advance Laserians, Central Zepp, Leybgorot, Etahrall, Republic of Lizarb, Famine Farms, JImmy GREEN BRIGADE, Creeper castle, Marktrah, Marcitedva, The OSSOWSKI kingdom, Sereytopia, Nootnootnootnoot, Russo-Mongolian, Dacab Weebus, Zephecia, Republic Of Roshar, Saxville, Dorne Cheenzer, The Libertarian Consortium, Ferrill, and 38 others.Nonait, Kazern, Azertyuio, Westerly Republic, Socra, Bellica Virtue, Agritania, Anmria, The Nationalist State of Mexico, Moso, Tokaj, The Nowhere King, Holy Jaleaca, Aparition, Kalikuti, The Austro-Hungarian Khanate, Avancias, Existential Void, Aserlandia, United Anarchists of Earth, Dogeterra, Greenshore, Ubectamia, Turinese Empire, Cthulhian, Galagu, Prangle, Gran Rolia, Ginat, Halfcoins, YOUR MOTHER AAW JGEAWOJGAEWHGHJ, Aspyxcia, Samarskaya soedinenie, Reagan, Puerto Rico y Cuba, Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands, STIINA industries, and Citend.