The Republic of Thorn33
“From Many, One”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Allied Nations of Egalaria
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Republic of Thorn33 is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 1.291 billion Thorn33ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 52.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Thorn33ian economy, worth 43.0 trillion lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 33,273 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, a major religion has been named as Thorn33's national religion, and the Federal Council of Thorn33 has been announced as the new Head of State. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thorn33's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thorn33's influence in The Allied Nations of Egalaria rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Thorn33 relocated from Cydonia to The Allied Nations of Egalaria.
- : Thorn33 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Thorn33 proposed constructing embassies between Cydonia and The Brotherhood of Malice.
- : Thorn33 changed the regional banner of Cydonia.
- : Thorn33 altered the regional flag of Cydonia.
- : Thorn33 updated the World Factbook entry in Cydonia.
- : Thorn33 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Thorn33 appointed Thorn33 as Thorn1000 with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Cydonia.
- : Thorn33 became WA Delegate of Cydonia.