The Flying Saucer of ThePlace
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Squire
The Flying Saucer of ThePlace is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hoomin with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 5.927 billion Wisconsinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wisconsinian economy, worth 613 trillion buckets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,532 buckets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, gaping tourists take long-distance photos of diseased natives on "indigenous peoples" safari tours, the Wisconsinian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, and Hoomin's webseries about the alleged hauntings of ThePlace City generates millions of views. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ThePlace's national animal is the Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Passive Aggression.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ThePlace was endorsed by The Federation of Ulslur.
- : ThePlace was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : ThePlace lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : ThePlace was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : ThePlace was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : ThePlace was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : ThePlace was endorsed by The Republic of Zachriel.
- : ThePlace was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Perfect Sublime Masters.
- : ThePlace's influence in The Rejected Realms fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : ThePlace's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
Endorsements Received: 51 » Yoshiterra, Zavea, Andromeda Islands, Xyloqua, Emeseses, Aandruzognivia, Maazalik, Volsar, Florin, The Horror Channel, Aqueira, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Thuringia Reich, Panormia, Doormat to the Lord, Arinteriswith, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Cecilly, Zerentopia, Farrakhan, Razorback, Delight, Republic of edward, Aggro, Edgedgie, Zoigai, Greater Cesnica, Vas Normandy, Singu1arity, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Fragmented Spero, North Comunist Awelanius, Sarotte, Visionary Union, Gozira, Nation of Urie, Alcrestia Liakar, Mundanus, Novi Libertas, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, Magrinia, United Libor Lefunkistan, Minskiev, Agua de Pelar Porco II, Euroanatolian Greece, Crazy Firemen, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Perfect Sublime Masters, Makdon, and 1 other.Ulslur.