The Federation of The Stultocracy
“We ARE the STULTOCRACY!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federation of The Stultocracy is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 163 million Stultocracyians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 45.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Stultocracyian economy, worth 6.26 trillion morts a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 38,430 morts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens pray for sunshine so that they can use illicit sundials for timekeeping, organ donation rates have hit a new low, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Stultocracy's national animal is the dingo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Stultocracy resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Stultocracy lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : The Stultocracy endorsed The United Xzec Peoples of Boroii.
- : The Stultocracy endorsed The Merchant Federation of Durius.
- : The Stultocracy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The Stultocracy was endorsed by The United Xzec Peoples of Boroii.
- : The Stultocracy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : The Stultocracy was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tausend Seen.
- : The Stultocracy was endorsed by The Merchant Federation of Durius.
- : The Stultocracy's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".