The Free Land of The Steephills
“The Truth will set you free”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Page
The Free Land of The Steephills is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Gunnar with an even hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 2.879 billion Steephillsians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asgard. The average income tax rate is 54.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Steephillsian economy, worth 313 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 108,842 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, emergency services don't respond to trailer park fires, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies, and married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Steephills's national animal is the Rooster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Steephills was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Gedzhiktiridzhistan.
- : The Steephills was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Greater Tulsa Area.
- : The Steephills was endorsed by The Comradeship Union of Red nation state.
- : The Steephills was endorsed by The People's Republic of Kahira el-Mubaraka.
- : The Steephills was endorsed by The People's Republic of Mazovian Proletarians.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, emergency services don't respond to trailer park fires.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Asgard Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 100 » Karelianastan, Crescent Commune, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Berlin Commune, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Ubertas, Anarchic Cirrikh, Solveneia, Karnpella, North Fluedan, New Wark Turulov, Ganjallia, Old Mare, Shamian, Ostveimar, Vulga, Saint Shepard, Virgondo, The palace of God 2, ZhongMania, Blakkland, Vestrik, Rubumba, Illeron, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Thebrin, Kitchen Nation, Daiamid, Feyrisshire, Virdmar, Ambaniala, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Debordan, Rothnia, Phallas, KatfNoPha, Tanamerah, Great Galanthia, The United Sangha, Kethania, Zaversko, Dimitrija, Secutor, New Soviet States of America, Domona, Drumrum, Kolechecka, Wirkungsgrad, Jacarta, -Gregoria, and 50 others.Transbiansylvania, Bananorium, New Astri, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Rhudiland, Sirijiva, Anarhic Morrowind, Chevodonia, Cometa Scarlatta, Sipsin, Kheshiga, Souptorrych, Itilien, Freevalour, Gramscina, Ruskania, Soviet Socialist Anglia, BurningPhoenix, Marxmeans, Newsun, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, Bruzzundunga, The Plebeian States, The Passerine Islands, East Boulevard, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, Imperial Plumbus, Pajonia, Lippefess, Dudaev, Lorgim Lukka, Radicalania, The Democratic Democracy of Democracies, Garbynia, Brezzia, Vilouki, Paleozoa, St Lyaos, Samyang, Soviet Felines, Hastita, Tonguo, Bibliophilius, Hachea, Southern Taraxacia, Mazovian Proletarians, Kahira el-Mubaraka, Red nation state, The Greater Tulsa Area, and Gedzhiktiridzhistan.