The Dictatorship of The Northeast Mashriq
“One People, One Nation”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Dictatorship of The Northeast Mashriq is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, devout population of 1.822 billion Mashriqis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beirut. The average income tax rate is 80.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Northeast Mashriqian economy, worth 100 trillion Dinars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 55,248 Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police go to great efforts to seize contraband favored by politicians on the police oversight committee, tipsy fans frequently invite themselves to the board meetings of sports clubs, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, and the government is spending more on exports to Brasilistan than it's receiving from tariffs on the imports. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Northeast Mashriq's national animal is the Goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : The Northeast Mashriq voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northern Borland".
- : The Northeast Mashriq voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
- : Following new legislation in The Northeast Mashriq, the government is spending more on exports to Brasilistan than it's receiving from tariffs on the imports.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
Endorsements Received: 84 » Volaworand, Erinor, Yeldarbsland, Marinho Islands, Qvait, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Crystal Creation, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Anserisa, Auphelia, Land Without Shrimp, Odesseen, Mincestia, Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, Abarri, Ralphburg, Gonrati, Bawkie, Farengeto, Nowa Europa, Jehenna, Valdutz, New Briantown, Farelonia, West Pastafaria, Tsvetania, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Midand, Concrete Slab, Laamiva, Sau Man Frescher, Hanguk-Nippon, Ebonhand, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Holy Free, Merevane, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Zataras, and 34 others.Rebel-topia, Alfama, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Vanbella, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Shefino, Yellunstryer, Rotenaplistan, Beepee, Eskvenn, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.