The Teetering Bookshelves of The New Bluestocking Homeland
“To Learn, To Nourish, To Live!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Teetering Bookshelves of The New Bluestocking Homeland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Dear Librarian with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.528 billion Bluestockings love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertad. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Homelandist economy, worth a remarkable 1,508 trillion Biblios a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,383 Biblios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them, Homelandist tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, and producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The New Bluestocking Homeland's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Republic of The World Wildlife Fund.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Republic of The World Wildlife Fund.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Android Sent by Cyberlife of Kannap.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Sovereign Republic of East Skirsburg.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Android Sent by Cyberlife of Kannap.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Tiny Village of Fartsniffage.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Lovely Realm of Democratic Republic of Cacusia.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Lovely Realm of Democratic Republic of Cacusia.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
Endorsements Received: 56 » Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Chilledsville, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Feladria, Eryndlynd, Reannia, Love and Nature, Caterasia, Ziotah and Riverside, Entitize, Window Land, Wantevolo, Ironic Remarks, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, The Void Territories, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Forgotten Beauty, The Black Forrest, Verdant Haven, Cheloboria, Appendia, Lura, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Jutsa, Crowacia, Simbolon, Terrabod, The Most Serene Republicans, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Uan aa Boa, Dasche, and 6 others.Doxstern, New Ladavia, Ordealius, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Kannap, and East Skirsburg.