The Holy Empire of The Knights of Saint Louis
“God, Honour, Freedom, Fatherland”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Holy Empire of The Knights of Saint Louis is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Knight Master Commander Ludwig with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 5.076 billion Knights of Saint Louis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Holy See. The average income tax rate is 67.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong knightly economy, worth 364 trillion bitcoins a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 71,869 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament, and politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Knights of Saint Louis's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Orthodox Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Knights of Saint Louis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Japan rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis was endorsed by The Colony of Japan Guardian.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Japan rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis endorsed The Athenian Paradise of Otaku Stratus.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis relocated from Artificial Solar System to Japan.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis was endorsed by The Republic of They will never take our freedom.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis endorsed The Technocratic Utopia of Astroneer.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis endorsed The Republic of Pvt 4-1.