The Newspaper of The Jamestown Leader
“The people's news”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Newspaper of The Jamestown Leader is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by CEO Walro Moosh with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.564 billion Journalists hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newston. The average income tax rate is 22.6%.
The a Journalist economy, worth 66.0 trillion News a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 42,168 News, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, The Jamestown Leader has designated Newston as its capital city, CEO Walro Moosh has just been declared ruler of The Jamestown Leader in an international press conference, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Jamestown Leader's national animal is the Moosh Mooshian Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Journalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Jamestown Leader published "BREAKING NEWS: Moosh Moosh World touches down on a new planet" (Account: Science).
- : The Jamestown Leader's influence in Andromedia rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Jamestown Leader published "BREAKING NEWS: Gary Jr and Susan Clempson killed by Olivia Baker, current wife of Mark Clempson, who was then killed by Simon Clempson" (Account: Drama).
- : The Jamestown Leader published "BREAKING NEWS: Mark Clempson Jr, son of Mark Clempson and Christina Ross found dead at age 30. Accident ruled out" (Account: Drama).
- : The Jamestown Leader published "Garner Clempson III and Maria Mayfield have tied the knot!" (Account: Other).
- : The Jamestown Leader published "BREAKING NEWS: Mary Smith, third wife of Mark Clempson found dead in her home at age 31, foul play likely (fiction ofc)" (Account: Drama).
- : The Jamestown Leader published "BREAKING NEWS: Christine Ross, first wife of Mark Clempson found dead in her apartment at age 49, foul play may be involved (fiction ofc)" (Account: Drama).
- : The Jamestown Leader published "Snura Gooka's Defeat Speech" (Account: Other).
- : The Jamestown Leader changed its national faith to "Journalism".
- : Following new legislation in The Jamestown Leader, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.