The Armed Republic of The Chuck
“Pecunia Non Olet”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Location: Northern Ocean
Regional Influence: Power
The Armed Republic of The Chuck is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by None with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 4.968 billion Chuckians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charles Rock. The average income tax rate is 4.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Chuckian economy, worth a remarkable 1,718 trillion Chuckian Argentums a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 345,926 Chuckian Argentums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The flight attendant who draws the short straw is on "cockpit bucket duty", colonial subjects have Chuckian culture shoved down their throats, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, and muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions. Crime is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Chuck's national animal is the Possum, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Chuck was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : The Chuck approved the World Assembly proposal "International Bankruptcy Comity".
- : The Chuck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : The Chuck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : The Chuck's influence in Northern Ocean fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Following new legislation in The Chuck, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- : The Chuck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Mikeswill".
- : The Chuck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in The Chuck, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Following new legislation in The Chuck, colonial subjects have Chuckian culture shoved down their throats.