The Republic of The Akian Islands
“United by truth.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of The Akian Islands is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Jay Akeeo with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, aversion to nipples, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.23 billion Akeeanese enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keyani City. The average income tax rate is 48.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Akeeanese economy, worth 103 trillion Kees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,477 Kees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar, President Jay Akeeo has just been declared ruler of The Akian Islands in an international press conference, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Akian Islands's national animal is the Trumpeter Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Grand Empire of New Goldman.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : The Akian Islands was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Empire of Carrelie.
- : The Akian Islands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Tepertopia, New Briantown, Qvait, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Erinor, Amerion, Apartment 11F, PenguinPies, Corgitopiaa, Phanama, Bleakfoot, Marinho Islands, Wehraboos, Bartonia Nova, Samofia, Land Without Shrimp, Purple Hyacinth, Bawkie, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Beepee, Kandorith, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Eskvenn, Volaworand, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Belschaft, Wallechi, Auphelia, Wakandan Tribes, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, Carrelie, New Belgrade, and 5 others.Gonrati, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Ipugao, and New Goldman.