The Long Arm of The-Law
“Justice for all”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Location: Codex Ylvus
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Long Arm of The-Law is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Harry Morse with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, parental licensing program, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 30.054 billion The-Lawians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense is also considered important, while Welfare receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Law City. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong The-Lawian economy, worth a remarkable 2,619 trillion cuffs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 87,149 cuffs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Children who believe in the tooth fairy are frequently shipped off to Bigtopia, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business, and chess defeat has made Harry Morse the laughingstock of dictators and grandmasters alike. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The-Law's national animal is the dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Law.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The-Law's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The-Law resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The-Law became WA Delegate of Codex Ylvus.
- : The-Law was endorsed by The Republic of Replohnsks.
- : The-Law was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The-Law applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The-Law's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The-Law's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The-Law's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The-Law's influence in Codex Ylvus rose from "Page" to "Squire".