The Republic of Thatcher 16
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Thatcher 16 is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 1.605 billion Thatcher 16ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 21.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Thatcher 16ian economy, worth 55.6 trillion Thatcher 16s a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,664 Thatcher 16s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thatcher 16's national animal is the Thatcher 16, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thatcher 16 was endorsed by The Kingdom of Odapir.
- : Thatcher 16 created a new poll in Artificial Solar System: "Whos the best delegate?".
- : Thatcher 16 was endorsed by The Empire of Minneapolis SPSF.
- : Thatcher 16 seized the position of Artificial Solar System WA Delegate from The Republic of Sonorus.
- : Thatcher 16's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Thatcher 16's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Thatcher 16's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Thatcher 16 relocated from Smol Fur Empire to Artificial Solar System.
- : Thatcher 16's influence in Smol Fur Empire rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Thatcher 16 was endorsed by The Dalish Elf of The Hero of Ferelden.