The Provisional Republic of Tanour
“Scientia Sit Potentia (Knowledge Is Power)”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Provisional Republic of Tanour is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 758 million Tanourians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pravenstein. The average income tax rate is 54.3%.
The very strong Tanourian economy, worth 52.0 trillion Tanicks a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Average income is 68,575 Tanicks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tanour's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tanour was endorsed by The Guild Republic of Polder Eiland.
- : Following new legislation in Tanour, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom.
- : Following new legislation in Tanour, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Tanour, pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts.
- : Tanour lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
- : Tanour changed its national nation type to "Provisional Republic".
- : Following new legislation in Tanour, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Tanour, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Pravenstein Times is sold out.
- : Tanour was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Tanour, the red star of communism has been replaced by the gold star of the McRonald's badge.