The Republic of Takaram Ungol
“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Republic of Takaram Ungol is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, state-planned economy, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 895 million Takaram Ungolians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 40.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Takaram Ungolian economy, worth 26.1 trillion Takrams a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 29,209 Takrams, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are sent to either religious or secular schools, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, and cricket farmers use magnifying glasses to fit every member of their herd with tiny tracking tags. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Takaram Ungol's national animal is the Kryntile, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Takaram Ungol's influence in Iran rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Takaram Ungol's influence in Iran rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Takaram Ungol's influence in Iran fell from "Hermit" to "Squire".
- : Takaram Ungol's influence in Iran rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Takaram Ungol relocated from The United World Nations to Iran.
- : Takaram Ungol's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Takaram Ungol relocated from Krackin to The United World Nations.
- : Takaram Ungol relocated from The Iron Islands to Krackin.
- : Takaram Ungol relocated from The Vale of Arryn to The Iron Islands.
- : Takaram Ungol relocated from A Song of Ice and Fire to The Vale of Arryn.