The Empire of Sylantina
“Strength Through Compliance”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Empire of Sylantina is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Axel Verinnius with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 3.056 billion Sylantinans are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sylantina City. The average income tax rate is 74.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sylantinan economy, worth 520 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 170,377 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space', the nation refuses to provide international aid, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach, and a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sylantina's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sylantina voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
- : Sylantina was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, chickens roam the streets freely.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
- : Following new legislation in Sylantina, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Sylantina City.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Aumeltopia, Qvait, Terran Draconia, Erinor, Amerion, Crystal Creation, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Wehraboos, Beepee, PenguinPies, Farengeto, The Filippinas, Baltenlands, Ebonhand, Kringalia, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Aurcania, Sedunn, Vardanfel, Holy Free, Quh, Mapico, Tsunamy, Marinho Islands, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Kandorith, Nowa Europa, Shefino, New Briantown, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Myness, Laamiva, Merevane, House Ahsanul, Tepertopia, Phanama, and 32 others.Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Alfama, Vanbella, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, Armonitopia, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, WI SD EA D, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Techganet, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Canmore, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.