The Armed Reich of Svarttjern
“Service guarantees citizenship.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Zero
The Armed Reich of Svarttjern is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Reichsführer Gunnar Siggurdson with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 21.598 billion Svarttjernians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Heimdal. The average income tax rate is 7.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Svarttjernian economy, worth a remarkable 4,060 trillion Reichsmarks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 187,995 Reichsmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, and children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Svarttjern's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 1.
- : Svarttjern was endorsed by The Folkish Kingdom of Tromheim.
- : Svarttjern was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Svarttjern was endorsed by Parsist persian empier.
- : Svarttjern was endorsed by The Protectorate of Greater German Texas.
- : Svarttjern was endorsed by The Nationalistic of Northern Great Republic.
- : Svarttjern endorsed Unkuked.
- : Svarttjern endorsed The Republic of Prodstrazka.
- : Svarttjern endorsed The United Federation of Zealith.
- : Svarttjern endorsed The Aryan League of Azgoghk.