The Commonwealth of Sukitopia
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Commonwealth of Sukitopia is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by PM Howard Lancaster with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The quiet, industrious population of 885 million Sukitopians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 82.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sukitopian economy, worth 85.5 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 96,577 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
An aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, the most popular stadium acts are one-off performances, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", and village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sukitopia's national animal is the Robin Redbreast, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sukitopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Sukitopia, village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Sukitopia, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Sukitopia, the most popular stadium acts are one-off performances.
- : Following new legislation in Sukitopia, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Sukitopia, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Sukitopia endorsed The Republic of Limburgvolk.
- : Sukitopia endorsed The Armed Republic of The Young Ur.
- : Sukitopia was endorsed by The Republic of Limburgvolk.
- : Sukitopia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The Young Ur.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Invernessia, Walfo, Northern German Federation, Ausvelt, The Champions League, Grodisze, Abject Ludicrosity, Someseni, The Seven Provinces, An Clar, Yahlia, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Savinecross, Godefargen, Irminsulia, Ostermarch, Shaor, North of Americas, St Scarlett, Jim the Baptist, Regnum Italiae, Leszno, Thracia Republic, Destyntine, Elisabethshagen, Prussian-Union, Socialist Balkans, Dark Matter, Galway-Dublin, Wessex and Cornwall, Nardin, Lohika, The Kingdom of Denmark, Wombelland, Canovium, Terdiatlans, The New Nordic Union, Maritzal, Stumphosse Res, Leiningerland, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Imperium Germaniae, Jahass, Leranditale, Mons Graupius, Boldia, Bareu, Weltbeherrschung, and 56 others.Escalver, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Brakanistan, Rivierenland, East Carmania, Vieternozsk, New Touraine, Desibia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Estoniia, New Ylicia, Viktorias, South St Maarten, Imperium Anglorum, Sienkahn, Kalifer and Baska, Othenhiem, Estellan, Parliamentary Laramidia, The British Royalist Union, Meropis, NorthPortugal, Gor Kebab, Armbruster, Francitanie, Apabeossie, Falvaard, German Bismarck Republic, Crestphalia, Owlograd, Exori Vis, Old World Order, Kardjali, Ostreia, Drew Durrnil, Mallesia, Bavira, Greater Icelandia, The New Mexican Confederation, Dizgovzy, Chronus, St Parra, Pavaludia, Skorvalia, Deasulaidh, United Engiresco, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Zarulia, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Kultaestas, Trixeland, Kanokla, Titoist Yugoslavia, and The Young Ur.