The Emirate of Sujadi
“We Will Endure”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Emirate of Sujadi is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Accipiterous with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, smutty television, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate population of 1.595 billion Sujadians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rebus. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Sujadian economy, worth 166 trillion Sujads a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,539 Sujads, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, and police aim to defeat hatred with love with their "hugs-for-thugs" program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sujadi's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sujadi was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Sujadi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, police aim to defeat hatred with love with their "hugs-for-thugs" program.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Sujadi, Sujadian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Tepertopia, Qvait, PenguinPies, Purple Hyacinth, Volaworand, Amerion, Aidenfieeld, New Briantown, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Marinho Islands, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Wehraboos, Bartonia Nova, Farengeto, The Worst army of, West Pastafaria, Erinor, Myhomecountry, Nowa Europa, Kandorith, Los Rodeos, WI SD EA D, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Shefino, Belschaft, Rotenaplistan, Beepee, Bawkie, Sandaoguo, Eskvenn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Imperial Frost Federation, Zataras, Andinla, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Auphelia, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, and 11 others.Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.