The Republic of Suidland
“Eendragt maakt magt”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Suidland is a tiny, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7 million Suidlandians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.8%.
The very strong Suidlandian economy, worth 472 billion rand a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 67,504 rand, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 190,549 per year while the poor average 19,142, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Suidland's national animal is the lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Suidland lost the position of Rhodesia WA Delegate to The Republic of Rhodesia.
- : Suidland's influence in Rhodesia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Suidland lost the endorsement of The Republic of Rhodesia.
- : Suidland endorsed The Republic of Rhodesia.
- : Suidland was endorsed by The Republic of Rhodesia.
- : Suidland's influence in Rhodesia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Suidland was endorsed by The Republic of Zimdesia.
- : Suidland was endorsed by The Principality of Floresti.
- : Suidland was endorsed by The Republic of Droeland.
- : Suidland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Highest Disposable Incomes, Most World Assembly Endorsements, and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.