The Federation of Sudestasia
“The flag of Sudestasia shall never fall.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of Sudestasia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 412 million Sudestasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 31.8%.
The very strong Sudestasian economy, worth 34.5 trillion Sudestanis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 83,635 Sudestanis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, and Sudestasia has designated Sudestasia City as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sudestasia's national animal is the Rococo Molocov, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sudestasia was endorsed by The Caspian Commonwealth of Dabarastan.
- : Sudestasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Sudestasia, Sudestasia has designated Sudestasia City as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Sudestasia, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Sudestasia, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Following new legislation in Sudestasia, candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Sudestasia, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble.
- : Sudestasia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Sudestasia was endorsed by The Republic of Pazair.
- : Sudestasia was endorsed by The Republic of Chips and Guac.
Endorsements Received: 136 » Aryan Homeland, Lulubellia, Omnistria, Kranostav, Aerilia, Ethnon, Ravendi, Eri-Maqa-Ena, McMasterdonia, Climeria, Guer Aike, Orado, Ellbonnia, Dreadton, Hamerica, Dar es Saalam, Weeeest viiiiirginiaaaa, Corfad, Tringapore, Former English Colony, Saint Christinium, Shibutani, Zemnaya Svoboda, Francois Isidore, Valentine Z, Wineclaw, Bankowiata, Galbadiana, Notyoutopia, Yokciq Empire, Planes, Great Bights Mum, Dangine, Koda-Land, Que Lukustinardon, Hardscrabble, Illusia and Neverendia, Svenskskit, Cretox State, The Tampa Bay Rays, The Rhein States, Mon Island, Wilkshire, Bharathvarsh, Xagill, Loutsland, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Cajland, Xyrron, and 86 others.New Celoveniortan, Imperial Pieserged, ForestMythal, Empy, Republica Guilleana, North Bratislava, Sil Dorsett, Votak Matim, Figyjharli, Pasargad, Xentherida, Siwale, Interdimensional Zone, Defense For The World Assembly, New Lakemba, Territorio di Nessuno, Seijitsu, Steampunk Ariel, El Fiji Grande, Kromi, Tyirza, Darkmondoria, Zzozona, Phaerra, Sikol, Strongwill, Libertania Democratica, Kragsgale, Folenz, Siforpeo, Pallaith, Yellops, Travislavania, Seanat, Sunto, Britle, Tsandonown, Shadowrik, Frances Francis the First of France, Runeda, East Akra, Atlunartemis, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Katuda, Super Girl, Greater Ale Permars, The Pantheons, Ariele, Card Kingdom, Malta Comino Gozo, Fraystonia, Merconitonitopia, Andanavia, Muqatil, Simone Republic, Novremia, Kastonvia, Madjack, Apollo Park, Sopernia, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Joodey, Enomeni Ipeiros, Bearical, Unshleepd, Venicea, Nova Arcania, Sahriastan, Outer Shenendoah, Lionia, Capablanca, PotatoFarmers, Glurponia, Beta Cyndriel, Blyskalia, Tibus Heth, The Calabash Protectorate, ROM, Vesteysia, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, Pazair, Palgo, and Dabarastan.