The Free Land of Stumptopia
“If you wanna try it out, Try it out.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Free Land of Stumptopia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 985 million Stumptopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 77.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Stumptopian economy, worth 41.2 trillion Schmeckles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 41,859 Schmeckles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A vast monorail network carries people all over the country, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned, extreme political groups are outlawed, and even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stumptopia's national animal is the puffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stumptopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Caybow.
- : Stumptopia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Stumptopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Stumptopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Stumptopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Debussy.
- : Stumptopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Stumptopia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Stumptopia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Stumptopia, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister.
- : Following new legislation in Stumptopia, extreme political groups are outlawed.