The Commonwealth of StillGate
“Freedom in Equality”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The Internationale
Regional Influence: Squire
The Commonwealth of StillGate is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Joe Mama with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic population of 766 million StillGateans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calico. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The StillGatean economy, worth 44.0 trillion shiny things a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 57,416 shiny things, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice, tourists ask to stay in the same pleasant accommodations where foreign prisoners are kept, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, and it's not only teenagers who mess around with fake IDs. Crime is totally unknown. StillGate's national animal is the Calico Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, it's not only teenagers who mess around with fake IDs.
- : StillGate lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, tourists ask to stay in the same pleasant accommodations where foreign prisoners are kept.
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice.
- : StillGate published "Main Page" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, the navy is hoping to hear the enemy shout "you sank my battleship!".
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, reassembling shredded papers is the highlight of a spy's day.
- : Following new legislation in StillGate, government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans.
- : StillGate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".