The Incorporated States of Stemyria
“A Government of the people by the people for the people”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: Kappa Region
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Incorporated States of Stemyria is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lincoln with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 7.023 billion Stemyrians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aleppo. The average income tax rate is 46.4%.
The powerhouse Stemyrian economy, worth 524 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,723 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
The best-of-the-best athletes have been replaced by the best-of-the-mediocre, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists, and gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stemyria's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Kappa.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stemyria's influence in Kappa Region rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Democratic Federation of Democratic Socialist Saxony dismissed Stemyria as Deputy Minister of Communications of Kappa Region.
- : The Democratic Federation of Democratic Socialist Saxony removed Appearance, Border Control, Embassies, and Polls authority from Stemyria as Deputy Minister of Communications in Kappa Region.
- : The Democratic Federation of Democratic Socialist Saxony renamed the office held by Stemyria from "Deputy Prime Minister" to "Deputy Minister of Communications" in Kappa Region.
- : The Democratic Federation of Democratic Socialist Saxony appointed Stemyria as Deputy Prime Minister with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Kappa Region.
- : Stemyria's influence in Kappa Region rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Stemyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Stemyria's influence in Kappa Region rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Stemyria's influence in Kappa Region rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Stemyria's influence in Kappa Region rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".