The Empire of SpelledLands
“Spell And Be Spelled”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Empire of SpelledLands is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 210 million SpelledLandsians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 9.7%.
The SpelledLandsian economy, worth 9.14 trillion Spells a year, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 43,521 Spells, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Only rebellious teens who want to look cool and dangerous drink milk in public, euthanasia is legal, nudity is frowned upon, and the arms industry is strictly regulated. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. SpelledLands's national animal is the Turtle Duck, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SpelledLands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : SpelledLands's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : SpelledLands's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : SpelledLands was refounded in Osiris.
- : SpelledLands ceased to exist in Lisseum.
- : SpelledLands's influence in Lisseum rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : SpelledLands's influence in Lisseum rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : SpelledLands's influence in Lisseum rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : SpelledLands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : SpelledLands's influence in Lisseum rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".