The Republic of Speke
“xue hua piao piao bei feng xiao xiao”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Republic of Speke is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Andrzej Szymanski with an even hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.86 billion Scousers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Merseyside. The average income tax rate is 73.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Scouse economy, worth 181 trillion Pounds a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 97,596 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, Andrzej Szymanski's new android secretary is the latest media darling, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids, and explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Speke's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Speke was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Foxomexra.
- : Following new legislation in Speke, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends.
- : Speke altered its national flag.
- : Speke was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sarussia.
- : Speke's influence in Anteria rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Speke was endorsed by The People's Republic of Abjekistan.
- : Speke was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Speke, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids.
- : Following new legislation in Speke, Andrzej Szymanski's new android secretary is the latest media darling.
- : Following new legislation in Speke, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Lesser Velutaria, J a d e, Toubaze, Whitmarche, Kiyortza, Hatstheput, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Kinoko, Jernborg, Misnomers, Gadorien, Land2020, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, Yodivenis, New Sebronia, Prei Meas, Kentalis, Greater Efrafa, Nissisoma, Yetrasia, Sorlyset, Senshen, Dysaphora, Sab Demenr, Urusla, Framosia, Kistolia, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Halsuntria, San Calia, Qazhshava, Southern Velutaria, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Flashboom, Abjekistan, Sarussia, and Foxomexra.