The Municipality of Spartarosia
“Glory and Honor”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Municipality of Spartarosia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sgt David Manishewitz with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.228 billion Spartarosians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sparsaleum. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spartarosian economy, worth 408 trillion Hekel-Shekels a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,580 Hekel-Shekels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Spartarosian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, it's considered a civil right to be allowed to neglect and mistreat your own children, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop, and children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spartarosia's national animal is the Israeli oryx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hocherlanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spartarosia's influence in Montealba rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Spartarosia's influence in Montealba rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Spartarosia relocated from Osiris to Montealba.
- : Spartarosia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Spartarosia ceased to exist in Montealba.
- : Spartarosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Spartarosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Spartarosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Spartarosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Spartarosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments and Highest Average Incomes.