The Altered States of Sparkadooby
“A happy nation is a stoned nation”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Altered States of Sparkadooby is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Cutmeownthroat Dibbler with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.4 billion Sparkadoobyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Big Munch. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The all-consuming Sparkadoobyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,565 trillion Reefers a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,459 Reefers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, workers for the environmental protection agency are patted down for tartar sauce every morning, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, and more than one company makes the board game Monopoly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sparkadooby's national animal is the Bleary Eyed Gekko, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sparkadooby, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Sparkadooby was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Sparkadooby, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Sparkadooby's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sparkadooby was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Sparkadooby's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sparkadooby's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sparkadooby was refounded in Osiris.
- : Sparkadooby ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The Light in the Sky of Witchcraft and Sorcery.