The Crown Dependency of South Sulphur
“Consider the Ravens”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: North America
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Crown Dependency of South Sulphur is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Narrows with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, public floggings, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, devout population of 8.974 billion Sulphurites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hogsport. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient South Sulphurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,365 trillion Krystals a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 152,178 Krystals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, Lord Narrows spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders, returning vacationers often find that their property is now a construction site, and the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Sulphur's national animal is the Blue Hog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Sulphur endorsed The Federation of Indigo Corporate.
- : South Sulphur endorsed The Empire of Zultan.
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
- : South Sulphur was endorsed by The Federation of Provisional Government Of America.
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : South Sulphur endorsed The Federation of Provisional Government Of America.
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : South Sulphur approved the World Assembly proposal "Sexual Predator Registry Act".