The Unified Peoples Republic of South Olpen
“Pax et Bonum Faustum | Peace and Prosperity”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: Global Alliance GA
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Unified Peoples Republic of South Olpen is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chamber Minister Jordan with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.568 billion Olpenese are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constitution City. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Olpenese economy, worth 189 trillion Olpenese Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 121,005 Olpenese Bucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Chamber Minister Jordan is considering changing the Olpenese flag to one with more glitter, the Messiah (formerly known as Brian) is a mayoral candidate, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", and professionals are ready to retire by the time they receive permission to use their credentials. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Olpen's national animal is the Olpenese Gold Jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Government Secularity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Olpen endorsed The Political Union of Meretica.
- : Following new legislation in South Olpen, professionals are ready to retire by the time they receive permission to use their credentials.
- : Following new legislation in South Olpen, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in South Olpen, the Messiah (formerly known as Brian) is a mayoral candidate.
- : Following new legislation in South Olpen, Chamber Minister Jordan is considering changing the Olpenese flag to one with more glitter.
- : South Olpen's influence in Global Alliance GA rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : South Olpen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : South Olpen published "Overview [BACKUP]" (Meta: Reference).
- : South Olpen published "Overveiw" (Factbook: Overview).
- : South Olpen lodged a message on the Global Alliance GA Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.