The Ancient and Loyal Republic of South Boston Irishmen
“Loyalty Beyond Death”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: United Kingdom
Regional Influence: Squire
The Ancient and Loyal Republic of South Boston Irishmen is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Michael Collins with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 26.314 billion Irishmens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dublin City. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The very strong South Boston Irishmenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,753 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,650 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bins outnumber trees in city parks, translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates, posters on 'South Boston Irishmenian Values' advise against being proud of South Boston Irishmen, and schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Boston Irishmen's national animal is the Bearcat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Boston Irishmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : South Boston Irishmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : South Boston Irishmen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : South Boston Irishmen was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Lancashia.
- : South Boston Irishmen was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Offerstock.
- : South Boston Irishmen lodged a message on the United Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : South Boston Irishmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : South Boston Irishmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : South Boston Irishmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : South Boston Irishmen was endorsed by The Republic of Mast Clorso.