The Commonwealth of South Bengal
“Heaven's Light Our Guide.”
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Commonwealth of South Bengal is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by James Pemberton with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and national health service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.621 billion Bengalis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calcutta. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Bengali economy, worth a remarkable 1,718 trillion Bengal Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 259,495 Bengal Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 9.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, and anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. South Bengal's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses.
- : South Bengal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : South Bengal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, it's said that a Bengali always pays his debts with significant compounding.
- : South Bengal endorsed The Empire of Teothopia.
Endorsements Received: 111 » The Calabash Protectorate, Bearical, Koda-Land, Blyskalia, Venicea, Outer Shenendoah, Bankowiata, Orado, Planes, Yaorozu, Slyakanya, The Blazeland Administration, Corfad, The Pantheons, El Fiji Grande, Hardscrabble, Nova Arcania, Notyoutopia, Hamerica, Former English Colony, Territorio di Nessuno, Crusadam, Que Lukustinardon, Capablanca, Siwale, Shibutani, Bharathvarsh, Cretox State, Tibus Heth, Francois Isidore, Aerilia, Lulubellia, Svenskskit, Ellbonnia, Omnistria, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Valentine Z, Guer Aike, Dreadton, The Rhein States, Illusia and Neverendia, Zzozona, Logovets, Pallaith, Sahriastan, His Enduring Majesty, Dar es Saalam, Wilkshire, Yokciq Empire, and 61 others.Galbadiana, North Bratislava, The Mazur Empire, Malta Comino Gozo, Selfgradatude, Steampunk Ariel, Sil Dorsett, New Lakemba, Lionia, Wineclaw, Kragsgale, Xagill, Republica Guilleana, Nyock, Vesteysia, Sikol, Praeceps, Altivia, Frances Francis the First of France, Liberum Hibernia, Aruvicion, Loutsland, New Celoveniortan, Nimarya, Climeria, Chips and Guac, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Empy, Simone Republic, Tringapore, Kranostav, Pazair, Tyirza, Xentherida, Card Kingdom, McMasterdonia, Beta Cyndriel, Solcius, Sunto, Yellops, Zapiron, Godwanna, Votak Matim, ForestMythal, TyGerria, Seanat, The Appalachians, Palgo, Anonim, East Akra, Dabarastan, Cam Zazi, AmManies, Randomcountryland, United Soviet State of North Amerika, Rising Sakura, Kazoo Basin, Mon Island, Eywaan, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, and Teothopia.