The Queendom of Sororana
“A nation's greatness lies in the treatment of animals.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Infinite Dungeon
Regional Influence: Squire
The Queendom of Sororana is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Queen Samaea of Sororana with an even hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.587 billion Sororans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matersia. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Sororan economy, worth 39.1 trillion lire a year, is highly specialized and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 24,608 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A government program is underway to revitalize Sororana's beaches, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, and Jennifer Government is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sororana's national animal is the Manatee, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sororana's influence in The Infinite Dungeon rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sororana's influence in The Infinite Dungeon rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sororana's influence in The Infinite Dungeon rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sororana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and Most Pacifist.
- : Sororana applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sororana lodged a message on the The Infinite Dungeon Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Sororana, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Sororana, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Sororana, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls.
- : Following new legislation in Sororana, a government program is underway to revitalize Sororana's beaches.