The Republic of Somethings Wrong
“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Somethings Wrong is a massive, safe nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate population of 4.165 billion Somethings Wrongians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 38.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Somethings Wrongian economy, worth 269 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,669 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets, acute politicians deride opposition members for being obtuse, and pallbearers at military funerals dive for cover when they hear the three-volley salute. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Somethings Wrong's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Somethings Wrong's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Somethings Wrong's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Somethings Wrong resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Republic of Fandom Outpost 12.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 63.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Borg Cube II.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Grace and Precision of Oaks 116.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Quite Literally Woke Nation of Sleepwalker.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Market-74.
- : Somethings Wrong was endorsed by The Republic of Slowest Moon Around 49.