The Kingdom of Solestia
“One Nation, One People, One Solestia!!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Kingdom of Solestia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Alphonse Kaiser with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 10.862 billion Solestians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arendelle. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Solestian economy, worth a remarkable 3,259 trillion Lexis a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 300,051 Lexis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
More money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solestia's national animal is the Night Fury Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Violet.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Solestia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Solestia was endorsed by The Corner of H-Zhena.
- : Solestia was endorsed by The RP God n Vizier dubbed Dylan of Staynes.
- : Solestia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Solestia was endorsed by The San Sierran Republic of Shavara.
- : Solestia endorsed The San Sierran Republic of Shavara.
- : Solestia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Solestia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Solestia, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Solestia, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.