The Blue Ascendancy of Solaryia
“Spread the light and give me Easter eggs NationStates”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Western Isles
Regional Influence: Page
The Blue Ascendancy of Solaryia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Consul Conti Bellarys with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and zero percent divorce rate. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.639 billion Solaryis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eridanis. The average income tax rate is 78.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Solaryian economy, worth 316 trillion Solaryi Floris a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,980 Solaryi Floris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Walking to the local pizza parlour earns a lovely sports participation ribbon, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, the country's motorways are surprisingly quiet, and thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solaryia's national animal is the Pyrrhian Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Woolooism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Solaryia, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks.
- : Following new legislation in Solaryia, the country's motorways are surprisingly quiet.
- : Following new legislation in Solaryia, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Following new legislation in Solaryia, walking to the local pizza parlour earns a lovely sports participation ribbon.
- : Following new legislation in Solaryia, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Solaryia changed its national motto to "Spread the light and give me Easter eggs NationStates".
- : Solaryia changed its national nation type to "Blue Ascendancy".
- : Following new legislation in Solaryia, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Solaryia as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Solaryia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Solaryia lodged a message on the The Western Isles Regional Message Board.