The Republic of Sojaristan
“Less is more”
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Sojaristan is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Khaki with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.917 billion Sojaris live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manny-on-Map. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Sojari economy, worth 718 trillion Sojari pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 146,167 Sojari pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 445,832 per year while the poor average 37,167, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Most people learn to drive on crash courses, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten, farmers' market days almost always end in a shooting, and the nation's soldiers often believe they're in the Air Force. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sojaristan's national animal is the Sojari falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sojaristan was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Following new legislation in Sojaristan, the nation's soldiers often believe they're in the Air Force.
- : Following new legislation in Sojaristan, farmers' market days almost always end in a shooting.
- : Sojaristan endorsed The United States of Filipopol.
- : Sojaristan was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Sojaristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Following new legislation in Sojaristan, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten.
- : Following new legislation in Sojaristan, most people learn to drive on crash courses.
- : Following new legislation in Sojaristan, posing for pictures is an integral part of military training.
- : Following new legislation in Sojaristan, personal injury lawyers are demanding compensation from the government after recent reductions in manufacturer liability.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Pakitsk, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, Kilkire, H-Zhena, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, The United Neo American Union, Socialist Holy American Empire, A Slanted Black Stripe, Libertanny, Axdel, Liberstankonia, Kangarawa, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, Someseni, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Monix, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, Lingu, Coruh, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Peoples Republic of GG, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Oofery, Aivintis, Tseriesiscoming, Technocratic Tagalog, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Stellar Colonies, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, Filipopol, and The Atlae Isles.