The Republic of Soirwren
“Vigilance. Grace. Determination.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Soirwren is a massive, safe nation, notable for its parental licensing program, rampant corporate plagiarism, and frequent executions. The compassionate population of 4.771 billion Soirwrenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soigné. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soirwrenian economy, worth 385 trillion credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 80,772 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government seizes all major gold finds, gun-wielding gangsters sometimes deal death from as far as ten paces away, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife, and collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soirwren's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Empire of Kublam.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, gun-wielding gangsters sometimes deal death from as far as ten paces away.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, the nation was recently voted as the most stylish in The East Pacific.
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Republic of Dravida India.
- : Soirwren was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Soirwren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 74 » Mastariere, Am Echad, Ridann, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elejamie, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Wizardonia, Goodnamesarerare, The Empire of Rijelv, Socialist Holy American Empire, Federated States of Zootron, Dragonia, Wiranath, Kaigi, Lyontisia, Dark Edgyness, Republic of Berzerkistan, British Calradia, Axdel, Hizuru, Brotherland, Neruch, Broengtopia, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kangarawa, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Libertanny, United China Nation, Liberstankonia, Matdor, Eagas, Todd McCloud, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, East Malaysia, Evrigenis, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Tretrid, Ripsylvania, Vaskeden, Rohanland, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, and 24 others.Staynes, Raunch, The Eternal Land of Jong, Rainbow Vests, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, Merlovich, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Neue Leipzig, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Yelkinam, Dravida India, Kublam, and Flying Snow.