The Republic of Soirwren
“Vigilance. Grace. Determination.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Soirwren is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, frequent executions, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 2.561 billion Soirwrenians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soigné. The average income tax rate is 56.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soirwrenian economy, worth 212 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 82,840 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Soirwrenian pirates, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Soirwren's border. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soirwren's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soirwren was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger.
- : Soirwren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Queendom of Matdor.
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Banana Republic of Stanisiti.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, refugees from other nations are flocking to Soirwren's border.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Soirwrenian pirates.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Soirwren was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Soirwren was endorsed by Unaica.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Qui sequuntur somnia, Mastariere, Am Echad, Ridann, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Nova-Columbia, Roissyland, Fedele, Elejamie, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Wizardonia, Goodnamesarerare, Ver Norge, The Empire of Rijelv, Danesopia, Socialist Holy American Empire, Survivoristan, Agonya, Federated States of Zootron, Dragonia, Wiranath, Kaigi, Lyontisia, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Verketa, Someseni, The Sacred Whale, Aelitia, Republic of Berzerkistan, British Calradia, The Happian Union, Axdel, Sericena, Hizuru, Davelands, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Janoobi Jazair, Broengtopia, VW53Aland, Stellar Colonies, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Justice-Becoming, and 18 others.Pakitsk, Kangarawa, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Libertanny, Sreneck, United China Nation, Escade, Marrico, Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Just Vale 2, Lerasi, Staynes, Stanisiti, Matdor, and Commodore Badger.