The Free Land of Sinera
“One for all, and all for one”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Free Land of Sinera is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Elna with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.767 billion Sinerans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sitges. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sineran economy, worth 505 trillion florÝs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 74,751 florÝs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Sinera Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and every week is blindness awareness week. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sinera's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sinera was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Sinera, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Sinera was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Sinera, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Sinera, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Sinera was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Provinces of North America.
- : Sinera was endorsed by The Asparagus And Beef Broccoli of FiTzGEraLdLAnD.
- : Sinera was endorsed by The Pink Pony Playtime Paradise of Dyllypoly.
- : Sinera was endorsed by The Dominion of Bureau of WA Affairs.
- : Sinera was endorsed by The Dastardly Driveling Delegate of Minskiev.