The Constitutional Monarchy of Simdonisia
“Simdonisia doesnt work if it doesnt work for everybody”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The Black Sea Conglomeration
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Constitutional Monarchy of Simdonisia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Eduardo Everitt with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.216 billion Simdonisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Windenburg. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Simdonisian economy, worth 221 trillion Simdonisian Pounds a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 100,073 Simdonisian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens, purported secret military bases are dismissed by Eduardo Everitt to be highly-advanced toilet factories, and a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Simdonisian politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Simdonisia's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Simdonisia, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Simdonisian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Simdonisia, purported secret military bases are dismissed by Eduardo Everitt to be highly-advanced toilet factories.
- : Following new legislation in Simdonisia, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Simdonisia, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Simdonisia became WA Delegate of The Black Sea Conglomeration.
- : Simdonisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Simdonisia published "Prime Ministers of Simdonisia 1900- Current" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Simdonisia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Pow Mackjah.
- : Following new legislation in Simdonisia, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Simdonisia.
- : Following new legislation in Simdonisia, insanely good theatre productions face government censorship.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Pow Mackjah.