The Kingdom of Shoinkwishima
“We Will Endure”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Kingdom of Shoinkwishima is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Donte with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 980 million Shoinkwishimen have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Louis. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shoinkwishiman economy, worth 132 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 135,659 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear", children dream of becoming physicians and physicists, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, and most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shoinkwishima's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- : Shoinkwishima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists.
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, paper and ink publications are subsidised by the government to keep them in the black.
- : Shoinkwishima voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Shoinkwishima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Shoinkwishima, political cartoons depicting Donte's face on a Tiger's buttocks are selling like hotcakes.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Amerion, Corgitopiaa, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, New Briantown, The Worst army of, Qvait, Purple Hyacinth, Erinor, Bartonia Nova, Marinho Islands, House Ahsanul, Land Without Shrimp, Kandorith, Tepertopia, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Tsunamy, Vanbella, Farengeto, West Pastafaria, Jehenna, Drystar, WI SD EA D, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Andinla, Tsvetania, Shefino, Abyssal Phantasm, Myness, Eskvenn, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Auphelia, The Imperial Frost Federation, Steampunk Engineers, Zataras, Wakandan Tribes, Rebel-topia, Treir, Holota, Ralphburg, Synarion, Belschaft, and 32 others.Jiam, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Scu Greinne, Hakk Fiss, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Honey Cake, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Doge Land, Sandaoguo, LadyRebels, NIGHTRAY, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Shuckle Empire, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Bohenia, Ipugao, Sedunn, Bawkie, Tughampton, Gonrati, Noimosini, The United Australian States, and Populaa.