The Commonwealth of Seolia
“We fall unto the end”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Conch Kingdom
Regional Influence: Page
The Commonwealth of Seolia is a huge, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 528 million Seolians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crystal City. The average income tax rate is 56.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Seolian economy, worth 56.7 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 107,310 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military has gone fission for more funding, there's more than one way to skin a diplomat, enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice, and international negotiations always lead to a lot of missile-laneous expenses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seolia's national animal is the Northern goshawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, international negotiations always lead to a lot of missile-laneous expenses.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice.
- : Seolia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, there's more than one way to skin a diplomat.
- : Seolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, the military has gone fission for more funding.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, patriotic citizens simply tend to applaud rather than sing the nation's praises.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Seolia's influence in Conch Kingdom rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Aelandi, Duby, Socialist Platypus, Pervincia, The Free City of Nelson, Charville, Mandarivia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Kursibar, Cle Brait, GibmeMoney, Hubdova, Primis Tenebris, Crimson Eternal, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Saraai, Hamptoria, The Psittacines, GreatBritannia, Erithian, Devonigondwana, Wakaru, Werstonal, Ciapore, Free Azell, Gatorstan, Space Nudists, Cern Calba, Jossel, Triforma, Hockeyyekcoh, BadBitchVille, Oktadonia, Zuelong, Sweola, Fichnoman, Cyzixraqab, Eastern Starbowie, Stustu, El Blurkistan, Kurczak Mielony, Balan Bar, Deblar, United Cyber Tech, Danimpalia, Nova Briton, Ziroxeut, Suryadweep Islands, Nueva Rico, Untied States of Matter, and 18 others.Cramboria, Redamia, Elythrea, Terra Valor, Covoicotheval, Kliffoj, Swiss Hommousionopia, Zeendred, Nibelia, Great Luirokitanea, Loveable Dogs, Tarzantos El Camosia, Vivenxistan, Land of Legacy, Tolerian Empire, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, StarGaiz, and Atila.