The Federal Republic of Senshen
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Federal Republic of Senshen is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Guy Casper van Hobbstadt with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.48 billion Senshians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mese. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Senshenian economy, worth 87.3 trillion Mese a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,993 Mese, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Guy Casper van Hobbstadt spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm, what citizens give with one hand they take away with the other, and Guy Casper van Hobbstadt has just been declared ruler of Senshen in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Senshen's national animal is the Komnenos Buzzard-Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Senshen was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Foxomexra.
- : Senshen endorsed The People's Republic of Abjekistan.
- : Senshen endorsed The Federation of The New Bulgarian Order.
- : Senshen was endorsed by The Federation of The New Bulgarian Order.
- : Senshen was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Senshen was endorsed by The People's Republic of Abjekistan.
- : Senshen was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Senshen endorsed The Empire of Wellsenfaile.
- : Senshen endorsed The Federal Republic of Montecaro.
- : Senshen was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Montecaro.