The Grand Old Republic of Senexia
“Date mihi libertatem aut mortem”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: Capitalist Paradise
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Grand Old Republic of Senexia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Mr Secretary with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 39.403 billion Senexians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Senecopolis. The average income tax rate is 26.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Senexian economy, worth a remarkable 8,516 trillion dollars a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 216,145 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals, there's some really clean windows in Senexian houses, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man, and a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Senexian as 'your finger, you fool'. Crime is totally unknown. Senexia's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Senexia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Senexia endorsed The Principality of Aguirre-Milani.
- : Senexia was endorsed by The Principality of Aguirre-Milani.
- : Senexia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of SoumilBasu2010.
- : Senexia was endorsed by The Theocracy of Sanktum Tera.
- : Senexia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Death Penalty Ban".
- : Senexia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Senexia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Kaljutistan.
- : Senexia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kaljutistan.
- : Senexia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northrop-Grumman".